Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mia's Lollipop Dress











Here is one of the few things I have finished since E was born, a dress from the latest Ottobre magazine . The big pink pockets make me think of lollipops. I made it from some denium and cord I had from fabric-abrac last year, and a little bit of pink linen scraps. I am pretty pleased with it, as long as you don't notice the fact that I ran out of thread with 10cms of the hem left to go, and that I put the buttons on backwards!



The buttons were put on using a stud press that my cousin Hols and I went halves in to make nappies. You can buy these at greenbeans along with other stuff to make nappies.


I also made the merino/cotton top M is wearing underneath. If you want to save money by sewing something, make it merino. It is ridiculously overpriced in the shops and you can buy it for $10 a metre if you want to make a trip to Levana in Levin.

No comments:

Post a Comment