Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Christmas Ornament Swap

I know that Christmas is still a few weeks away, but if you are going to be creative and avoid pulling an all-nighter on Christmas Eve (I remember my aunty doing that!), you have to plan ahead! So I am going to propose a Christmas ornament swap!

The details:

Participants will be put into groups of 6 people, and you will "swap" ornaments. That means making 6 handmade ornaments, one for yourself, and one for each of the other members of your group. You will be given the postage details of the others in your group and be expected to post them an ornament by the end of November. You should end up with 6 beautiful handmade ornaments for your tree!

How to register:

Email me at sarajspeight(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)nz. Give me your name, email address and postage details. Check in on my blog regularly as well as Holly Made and A Green (And Sometimes Blue) Life for inspiration. You will need to register by the 1st of November.

What to make:

There are soooo many choices. Below I have listed some "catergories" you may wish to draw inspiration from, as well as a few pictures and links. You may also wish to check out my pinterest christmas board .


From nature:

Twig stars from A foothill home companion:

Michelle Made Me:




Wool:



Crochet snowflakes from Coats Crafts:



Christopher and Tia:






Sewing:



Simple Hearts from Epherial design


Felt owls from Juicy Bits:

Little Birds from Stumbles and Stitches:

Jingle mouse from Pimpstitch:

Snowfish on etsy:


Paper crafts:




Musical stars from Better Homes and Gardens



Christmas Baubles from Homemade Gifts made easy


Please, please, please email me a photo of your decorations so that I can share them with everyone in December after the swap has finished. I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone makes!


1 comment: