Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC: Day 1


It should really be day 3, but I only started today! I intend to make up for it by carrying on into next week.



Today I made Mia a Janey Peasant Dress from my Sew Sweet Patterns that I bought last week.
I made it using some curtain type fabric I bought at Fabric-a-brac a couple of years ago. I have quite a lot of it, so it has made an appearance in previous clothes I have sewed for her. It was an extremely easy pattern to follow and to sew, and the whole thing took about an hour and a half from start to finish. Highly recommend it as a pattern to attempt if you are new to sewing. It is a bit on the short side and Mia isn't tall, so just remember that if you are sewing for your little lady.



I used some crochet flowers I made to embellish it, I was waiting for an opportunity to use some of them! I followed a really good youtube tutorial to learn how to make these.




And the reason there are no face shots of Mia in this dress? I was battling a major tantrum!

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! Lucky you being able to sew "pretty" things! And Mia throwing a tanti! Noooo surely not! x

    ReplyDelete