Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oil Cleansing Method



While playing on pinterest I cam across a link to the oil cleansing method. I am always on the look out for cheaper and more natural ways to keep my face clean, and have tried a few already. A while back I came up with a concoction that had lots of ingredients in it including rolled oats and honey. It worked OK but left the bathroom looking like it had been smeared in porridge!

I have sensitive skin with patches of rosacea (thanks Mum) and it can be both dry and oily in different parts. I find that scented products, or ones with lots of chemicals in them are not good, so prefer to either buy or make very natural products. So I thought I would try this one!

Basically the oil cleansing method uses a combination of olive and castor oil (the drier your skin the more olive, the more oily the more castor) that you stroke onto your face, then steam and wipe off with a hot flannel. I bought organic high quality oils as I was putting it on my face! I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and it is working fine. No break outs, the little red patches are a lot better than they would be with supermarket cleansers and you don't need moisturiser and only need to do it once a day! I am also using a combination of witch hazel and apple cider vinegar (half and half) as a toner. Together the oil and toner get rid of any make-up, although I use watered down baby shampoo to clean off any eye makeup.

I will give you an update after I have been using it a bit longer, but seems to be working fine at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment