Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sesame salad dressing


Some may consider me sad, but I was very excited to come home and see how my garden had grown! Lots of spring growth, the broad beans are flowering, tons of salad greens, huge radishes, oodles of coriander and rocket is starting to go to seed! Very exciting that I can start to actually use my garden as a source of meal inspiration!

We have been eating simple salads of greens, radishes and herbs. It is always nice to have a yummy homemade dressing to spice things up, not those bought ones that taste like vinegar and water (probably because thats what they are!). My Mum has been making this sesame dressing for years. It is delicious and easy to shake up in a bottle.




Sesame Dressing


Shake up the following in a bottle or jar:


1/4c canola oil (or another light oil with not too much flavour)


2 T sesame oil


2 T wine vinegar (or whatever vinegar is in the cupboard except balsalmic - too strong!)


1 T lemon juice (I have flagged this before when I had no lemons)


2 T sugar


1 T sweet thai chilli sauce


1 T mustard


1 t balsalmic vinegar


Yum, yum, yum enjoy with the produce from your garden!














No comments:

Post a Comment