Friday, November 4, 2011

Fabric-a-brac stash!!

This morning I went to Fabric-a-brac in Wellington. I took $50 and came out with a huge stash of fabric, most of which cost $2 or less! My husband shook his head when I came home, but I was happy! Here are my purchases and what I plan to use it for. Sorry the pictures are a bit blue tinted, I have tried to play with the exposure, but the colours are still not quite right:

Assorted cottons, which I plan to use for myself or the girls. All 1 - 2ms.



Knits. The rib and the stripey scrap cost 50c each! Blue I want to use for me, the rest for the girlies.


Linen for pinafores for Mia and Ellie:


Variety of floaty fabrics to make skirts/dresses/tops for me. I wanted to buy some nice fabric for myself, with the idea that I will actually do some sewing for me. And use I do love blue!


Bag of scraps for $2. Some will be big enough to make tops, tights etc for the girls. Come I will use for trims.




Wools. The rolled up bit will make cardies for either me or the girls in winter. The big piece will probably end up making a winter pencil skirt for me and a pinafore or jacket for Mia or Ellie. I also got some cottons and a couple of bits of vintage lace. The big square of blue stripey wool was my most expensive purchase of $10, but it is 150cm x 200cms! The only thing I regret not buying was a massive roll of beautiful vintage lace for $10!



Not sure when the next one is, but join the facebook page link at the top! So much fun! Now I have to sew with my massive stash of fabric. Can someone please talk to Ellie and tell her to start sleeping at night!?

1 comment:

  1. My fav definitely the most expensive purchase of the day. Typical.

    ReplyDelete