Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oatie Chocolate Chip cookies


As I mentioned last week, I am trying to blog some ideas for kids lunchboxes. I also love to bake, and try to have home baking in the tins all the time (and often in the freezer), so I have lots of recipes up my sleeve. Here is a yummy recipe that has chocolate for tastiness and rolled oats for goodness. It makes lots of biscuits. I don't know where this originally came from. As far as I know, Mum's recipe folder!

250g butter, softened
3 T condensed milk
3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c rolled oats
1 t baking powder
200g chocolate melts

Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease 2 trays (you may even need 3). Beat butter, condensed milk and sugar until light and creamy. Fold in flour, rolled oats, baking powder and chocolate and mix well. Place spoonfuls on trays and flatten. Bake 15 - 20 mins until golden. Cool on racks.

Mia loves to help my bake, but this is her favourite bit:








No comments:

Post a Comment