Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rompers from a sheet!

Remember my vintage sheet collection? Well I finally made something from one of them, rompers from a pattern by sew sweet patterns. Aren't they cute? (Made even cuter by the model!)




















The pattern was extremely easy to follow and make - probably took me about an hour of sewing. Highly recommend it. Don't you love the ruffle on the front?


There is still lot of this material left (I had 2 sheets), so get ready to see a bit of it. By the end of my sewing we will look like the von Trapp family (remember when Maria made them play clothes out of a curtain!) from Sound of Music!


6 comments:

  1. Finally. What are you talking about. You only started collected a few weeks ago. I've had my vintage sheets for years. One of the great things about you Sara is that when you get an idea in your head you go about and make it happen. Others of us sit on those ideas for years. Go you. PS. I love the rompers and the series of photos shows that Mia does too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them! Oh and that gorgeous girl too! Totally agree with the VonTrapp comment! Hehe that would be a laugh! Nathan just needs a pair of shorts and a matching shirt ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! So gorgeous, what a great job you've done, just lovely! Yes and very cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the big smile on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling! I adore vintage sheets...and those are amazing. I can't wait to see more of the "von trapp" outfits from it!

    ReplyDelete